We value your privacy at Mirark Car Rental (MCR). We acknowledge the importance of your personal information’s privacy and we do our best to protect it. Our privacy statement is intended to make you realize how we use and protect your personal information. We promise through our privacy statement that we will handle your personal information with care and in accordance with law.
1. What is “personal information”?
A. Personal information is “any information about an identifiable individual”, however collected. Any sort of information, factual or subjective, recorded or not, is considered as personal information.
2. Why do we collect your personal information?
A. We collect and use your personal information to:
- Identify you
- Determine your eligibility to rent from us
- Obtain payment for rental
- Provide our services
- Protect against fraud
- Other purposes permitted by law
3. What personal information do we collect?
We only collect the information that is needed to fulfill the rental agreement. The specific information that is required includes:
- Full name, Address, and Contact Information
- Driver’s License and Insurance Information
- Credit Card Information
4. How do we collect your personal information?
- From you on applications or forms filled out through phone call, e-mail, or interactions with us.
- From government and other entities with information on your driving records and claims history.
5. Use of website tracking and cookies.
We may collect information from you online during your activities on our sign-up forms, contact forms, e-mail, and website visits.
6. How do we use your personal information?
Your personal information is used only in accordance with the purpose for which it is collected, and we ensure that your personal information is kept fully confidential and is used for only legal requirements.
7. How do we protect your personal information and keep it up-to-date?
While security and privacy risks can never be eliminated entirely, we take all measures we believe to be reasonably appropriate to safeguard your personal information against its unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, modification or misuse. Once your personal information is no longer required to fulfil our stated purposes, we take proper measures to destroy, erase or anonymize it in a manner that continues to maintain your privacy. We rely on our personal information sources for the accuracy of the personal information they provide, and we do our best to ensure that the personal information we use on an ongoing basis is accurate, complete and up-to-date. Should you find that the personal information we hold is out of date or inaccurate, please contact us.
8. Withdrawing your consent.
You may withdraw your consent in respect of any or all of the uses or purposes detailed in our Privacy Statement at any time by contacting us, provided you give us reasonable notice of the withdrawal. However, withdrawing your consent to certain uses of your personal information may affect our ability to provide you with the service you request.
Our Privacy Statement is written with you, the customer, in mind. If you have any questions, comments or suggestions regarding our privacy policies and practices, please contact our Privacy Officer at:
Mirark Car Rental
Address: W. Pender St.,
Phone: +1 (604) 803-1588